Attend ARTogether ACTogether (Lethbridge)
Saturday, Feb 27, 2016
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (MST)
Dr. Foster James Penny Building
324 5th Street South Lethbridge, AB
Event website: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/artogether-actogether-tickets-20039917934
ARTogether, ACTogether is a day of creative dialogue to plan a pilot grassroots mobile teaching and learning ASC! Summer Institute to be held in Lethbridge in late summer 2016.
The ASC! Summer Institute is an intensive learning experience in arts-based community development, seeking to inspire synergy and support local change-makers from diverse sectors, and create space for fusion of ideas and action through new community connections.
Who is being invited?
YOU! Yes…You! You are warmly invited to participate. We seek to bring together people with a diversity of:
- Professions (health, education, social work, business, artists, activists, funders …)
- Modalities of artistic engagement (theater, dance, music, poetry, painting, sculpture, creative writing, spoken word, creative facilitation…)
- Interests/ Issues (health promotion, indigenous issues, education, food sovereignty, cultural regeneration, youth, wealth equity, human rights …)
- Identity/world view (class, ethnicity, race, religion, culture, sexuality, age, ability…)
- Experiences (brand new to the field, long time practitioners, somewhere in between)
This event is being hosted as part of the Art for Social Change (ASC!) research project. ASC's Teaching and Learning research identifies, analyzes and documents diverse models for teaching and learning in the field, including curricula that are currently available in community and academic settings.