*** It must be stressed that the list of organizations (whose data informs this research) in the mapping project does not contain all of the arts organizations operating in BC. We have included most of the organizations (not-for-profits, charities, and societies only) involved in participatory community-engaged art-making according to the above definition.
The BC #ASCmap is organized in 9 tabs.
The following tabs are the best points of entry:
- >>> The Geographical Map and Graphs of BC ASC enables exploration of such information as: who and where the ASC organizations are; what social change do they focus on; what communities they serve; what arts disciplines they use; and more
- >>> The Site Guide we have provided (also via PDF) to assist in using the site
- >>> The Dictionary (also via PDF) which explains the categories and other terms we used in this project
- >>> The “About” page is essentially the Tableau “home” page for the site.
The other 5 tabs are:
- Organizations Detail: This tab provides a different way to sort through the organizations, making it easier to look up the specific organizations and their details, such as websites, etc.
- Funding and Support Overview: This tab maps who’s funding and supporting “who”, “what”, and “where” in the BC ASC sector. NOTE: This map was arrived at by collecting the acknowledgements posted on our organizations’ websites and correlating that with what the organizations do. Therefore, this is only a rough snapshot of where the support is going as far as the categories go.
- Totals of Funding to BC ASC from the Three Main Public Funders, Canada Council, BC Arts Council, and the City of Vancouver: shows the total grant dollar values dispensed to the ASC organizations in our database in comparison to the overall non-ASC arts and culture funding in BC.
- Percentages of Funding to BC ASC from the Three Main Public Funders: shows the percentages of funding dispensed to the ASC organizations in our database in comparison to the overall non-ASC arts and culture funding in BC.
- Grand Total of Funding from the Three Main Funders Combined: visualizes the combined grand totals of funding dollars from all three funders (CCA, BCAC, and City of Vancouver combined) going to BC ASC in comparison to the overall non-ASC arts and culture funding in BC.