THIS POSITION IS FILLED.
Thanks for your interest in working with us, though.
The International Centre of Art for Social Change seeks an SFU student to provide online community engagement support.
ICASC brings together artists, scholars, students and change makers from diverse public and private sectors to better understand how arts-based, participatory, community-engaged practices are evolving in Canada, as well as to provide information, opportunities for exchange, and resources for both practitioners and those interested in learning more about the field.
The specific tasks will vary but may include:
- Providing regular updates via social media, including posting blogs, resources, and social media content
- Online community building and engagement with other social change organizations
- Populating, maintaining, and updating ICASC website content via Drupal CMS
- Assisting with development and publication of resources and reports
- Maintaining databases of art for social change organizations
- Supporting the Community Liaison and other team members as needed
- Masters or Doctoral level students preferred
- Must be currently enrolled at SFU
- Experience with developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across media (from FB & Twitter to academic communications)
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Interest in social change work and the arts and culture sector
- Experience with managing social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator, but InDesign would be a definite asset)
The following are assets but not required:
- Graphic design experience
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with community engaged arts / art for social change
- Bilingual (English/French)
Application deadline: Until Position is Filled
Start date: ASAP
Location: SFU Harbour Centre
Hours: 10 to 20 hours/week (negotiable)
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of your transcript (an unofficial transcript is fine)
to: Dr. Tracey Leacock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download as PDF: ICASC-RA-OnlineEngagement-Description.pdf